The Network Asturcón (Red Astur de Comunicaciones Ópticas Neutras), is a fibre optic access network to home (FTTH), with GPON technology that, for its characteristics and performance, is at present among the most advanced in the world and it is the pioneer of being simultaneously public, neutral and of high capacity.
The most relevant characteristics of the network are the following:
- Neutral: It can be used by several operators concurrently without interferences or communication between them.
- Transparent: For all the final services each operator offers to his clients. Those ones will not have to modify their basic service catalogue just because the use the network ASTURCÓN.
- Open: with the common standard IP
- Secure: its design permits to offer different levels of network availability that guarantee the operator clients an excellent service delivery to the final users.
- Flexible: It permits coverage of the client operators’ necessities for those new services that require large broadband capability.
- Scalable: Possibility of increasing the services provided (essentially broadband) or to widen the network without the necessity of modifying its design.
- Easy provision: The user‘s installation is simple and agile. The process of installation will be executed by GIT, by activating those services the operator has requested.
- Attractive: For the client operators concerning cost, quality, services provided and operation facilities.